Tel: (310) 712-0091
Fax: (310) 552-3101
Mr. Peitzman serves as counsel for debtors, official creditors’ committees, secured creditors, trustees, buyers of assets, landlords, licensors and licensees, among other parties involved in the out-of-court workout or chapter 11 process. He has practiced bankruptcy and commercial law since he graduated from Boalt Hall School of Law in 1974.
Leadership in Bankruptcy Law
During his four decades of practice, Mr. Peitzman has lectured widely for such organizations as the American Bar Association, California Continuing Education of the Bar, the California Bankruptcy Forum, the Financial Lawyers Conference and the Practicing Law Institute.
Mr. Peitzman has held several leadership positions in the Bar. These include serving as president of the Financial Lawyers Conference, chair of an ABA committee on Loan Workouts and a member of the Executive Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Commercial and Bankruptcy Section. He was an elected a fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and named one of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the book of that name by S. Naifeh and G.W. Smith.
In 2009, he was named “Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year” by the Century City Bar Association. Mr. Peitzman has been repeatedly named a Southern California “Super Lawyer” and one of the top 100 lawyers in Southern California by Law & Politics and Los Angeles Magazine.
A regularly published authority on bankruptcy matters, Mr. Peitzman authors articles that have appeared in such publications as the American Bankruptcy Law Journal, California Bankruptcy Journal, California Law Review, Business Law News, and the California Business Law Reporter.
- Clear Channel: An Appeal for Reconsideration, 30 Calif. Bankr. J. 287 (2010)
- A Primer on Chapter 11 for the Non-Bankruptcy Lawyer, Parts I, II, III, Business Law News (January, 2008)
- How Revised Article 9 Will Change the Dynamics of Workouts, 13 Journal of Corporate Renewal 4 (2000)
- The Top Ten Bankruptcy Cases of the 20th Century, 35 BCD News and Comment, Issue 8, p. 1 (2000)
- Bankruptcy Practice and Strategy (A. Resnick, ed., 1987) (Peitzman, contributing author)
- Drafting Bankruptcy Provisions in Commercial Contracts and Leases, 2 Calif. Bus. Law. Pract. 32 (1987) (Peitzman, co-author)
- California Business Law Reporter, 1983- present (contributing editor on bankruptcy)
- The Secured Creditor's Complaint: Relief from the Automatic Stays in Bankruptcy Proceedings, 65 Calif. L. Rev. 1216 (1977) (Peitzman, co-author)
- Without a Trace: The Secured Creditor's Interest in Deposit Account Proceeds, 49 Am. Bankr. L.J. 303 (1975) (Peitzman, co-author)
- State Bar of California
Member, Uniform Commercial Code Committee, Business Law Section (1978-81)
Member, Insolvency Committee (1999 - 2003)
- American Bar Association
Chair, Loan Workouts Committee, Commercial Financial Services Committee (1997-present)
Member, Uniform Commercial Code Committee, Business Bankruptcy Committee (1978-present)
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
Board of Directors (2001-2005)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Member, Executive Committee, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section (1993-present)
- Financial Lawyers Conference
Board of Governors (1986-89, 1992-present.)